David has 22 years of professional development, coaching, training and career management experience. His coaching style adapts to the individuals’ personality, combining a supportive and challenging approach with a ‘solution-focused’ emphasis. Using powerful listening and attending skills, individuals and groups are enabled to think creatively and take ownership of agreed actions and goals.
David’s specialisms include the design, delivery, development and evaluation of ‘transformational leadership’ initiatives within the public sector, ensuring that executive coaching programmes are supported by qualitative and quantitative feedback and that expected outputs are met and exceeded.
Recent examples of support include the ‘Aspiring Leaders Network’ at Gloucestershire County Council & Senior & Middle Managers from Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service where Personality Psychometric profiling and ‘leader as coach’ initiatives have been successfully incorporated into organisation-wide ‘transformational leadership’ development programmes.
David also has 16 years’ experience of supporting senior managers as they transition into new internal roles / external career pathways or consider retirement.
Education, Qualifications, Professional Memberships
• Post Graduate Diploma in Career Guidance – level 7 award
• Cert Ed – level 6 award
• HNC Business & Finance – level 5 award
• British Psychological Society –
– Level A (Aptitude & Ability) – accredited in administration, interpretation and feedback of Career coaching tools such as the Morrisby Profile
– Level B (Personality) – accredited in administration, interpretation and feedback of coaching tools such as Myers Briggs Type Indicator, 16pf, 360 degree appraisal, Leadership Judgement Indicator, Emotional Intelligence
• Associate Lecturer – University of the West of England, London South Bank University
• Affiliate member of the Career Development Institute (CDI)