Barton’s coaching philosophy combines extensive experience in brand and P&L management, executive team leadership, and entrepreneurship. Equipped with the latest research on management and leadership to help his clients thrive, Barton integrates thoughtful listening and empathy with analytic rigor and accountability. Most importantly, he strives to engage the whole person, helping clients to re-connect with their true selves, creating new energy to accelerate growth.
Barton has over 30 years of experience in many of the world’s most respected corporations. He started his brand management career at Procter & Gamble and led international marketing teams at Johnson & Johnson and Boots. Barton then joined Bayer, leading its largest global business unit and its $3 Billion US marketing function. In his final role at Bayer, he led Strategy and Portfolio Management and the Rx Dermatology business.
Most recently, he founded a consumer products start-up that now sells through Target, Amazon, and direct to consumers. His breadth of experience gives him a deep insight into optimal performance in both large and small organizations.
Barton enjoys running, tennis, and gardening. He loves learning and enjoys taking College-level Social Science courses.
Education, Qualifications, Professional Memberships
• BS – Economics, University of Wisconsin
• Diploma Program – International Economics, The Graduate Institute – Geneva
• MBA – Marketing and International Business, Columbia University
• External Coaching Intensive (CCP), Columbia University
• Certified Practitioner: Hogan Assessments and Neethling Brain Instrument
• Volunteer: StartOut LGBT Entrepreneurship Accelerator
VIEW FULL COACH LIST