Douglas brings over 25 years’ experience in advising and consulting to senior executives on leadership, strategy, organizational transformation and M&A. He now coaches CEOs and their teams across key themes such as Meaning, Purpose and Values, Cultural Change, Diversity and Inclusion, High Performance Growth, Strategic Transformation and Conflict and Obstacle Navigation.
Most recently the Head of Strategy at the Group Insurance, a $20bn business at MetLife, Douglas also spent several years as an Associate Partner in strategy consulting at McKinsey in New York. Prior to that, he was part of Deloitte Consulting’s M&A practice, where he developed playbooks to guide organizational change both pre- and post-merger or divestiture.
Douglas began his career as an attorney at Herbert Smith (London and Hong Kong) and Drew & Napier (Singapore), specialising in conflicts of law and commercial litigation and arbitration. He was admitted to the bar in New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Having lived and worked in London, Hong Kong and Singapore, Douglas is now settled in Manhattan, NY, and South Beach. He speaks Mandarin as a second language and is currently re-learning the classical piano.
Education, Qualifications, Professional Memberships
• Qualified Executive and Organizational Coach (Columbia University)
• Fellow of the Institute of Coaching (Harvard Medical School affiliate)
• Member of IOC’s Strategy Council and Council on Race, Equity and Inclusion
• On the panel of executive coaches of the Association of Corporate Counsel
• Certified administrator of Intercultural Development Inventory assessment
• MBA from Fordham University (received the Goode Award for Excellence in Finance)
• LLB (Law) from National University of Singapore