Tom Preston, CEO
On a personal note, the whole TPA team and I would like to wish you and those you care about a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. We hope that 2021 will be a much better year for everyone and we thank you all for your support and partnership during the past year.
As a valued stakeholder, we would like to share with you our review of 2020 and our first thoughts for 2021.
During 2020 we collectively learned, adapted and even improved as we navigated through the global pandemic and geo-political challenges of the year. Our focus is always on how best to support our clients and our people and in 2020 we worked on two specific areas:
ADAPTING TO CLIENT NEEDS
• We have changed the way we work considerably whilst maintaining the essence of what we do – supporting people to be better leaders and thus deliver enhanced business results.
• We now do far more frequent video-based sessions in all of our core offerings – 1:1, Team and Group coaching. This has been effective on a number of levels. We are still able to get to the strategic coaching topics of understanding the person (or people) to define the areas for development and improvement; and exploring how the contribution of their role as a leader can be elevated. The challenges of the past year have also been about providing more personal support and thinking partnerships around self-understanding and management than ever before; and at the same time providing the professional development needed in times of crisis. Simultaneously, it has remained an imperative that the systemic benefit from executive coaching is evident.
• Zoom, MS Teams and Webex has also allowed us to be far more flexible in providing the greatest possible diversity of coaches to match with clients as technology allows us to proffer our entire team of coaches regardless of their geographical location.
• We have applied technology in almost all aspects of how we interact with clients. All our materials are now in digital format. In the summer we launched coachinginaction.net. We also launched the TPA podcast and the virtual TPA Salon series. All our on-boarding, administration and client support and operational services are also now digital.
• We developed a whole new suite of interventions and tools to address the changing client needs as we progressed through the year.
• We have been delighted to on board a significant number of new clients this year across the world, as well as maintaining our valued existing relationships. Thank you.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND OUR CULTURE
• 2020 has been a year of innovation and learning across the entire TPA team. We established monthly “learn-ins” to share best practice and practice development. We established pods of coaches to develop new interventions to meet the demands of the environment such as our self-management resilience work “It Starts With YOU!”. We also expanded our supervision offering.
• We have had the privilege of welcoming a number of new extremely talented executive coaches to TPA that further enhance both our client offering and our culture.
• Sadly we had to postpone our global 2020 off-site so we did our best to compensate for this by focusing on maintaining our culture through regular firm-wide virtual get-togethers, amongst other activities, and an extremely fun Zoom Christmas party (complete with Christmas Song DJ).
• As we all know maintaining connection, personal relationships and supporting each other personally and professionally has been critical to preserving and enhancing our culture over the past nine months. I would like to thank our whole team for exemplifying our TPA Behaviours: Trust, Generosity, Flexibility and Fun.
During 2021, we expect to be busy implementing key initiatives including:
1) Further adaptation to an expected new mix of physical and virtual client interactions as the vaccines are rolled out.
2) Growing our team and enhancing our culture and support of our people.
3) Continuing to grow our innovation and client pipelines.
4) Further technology adoption to improve client and partner services as well as internal operations.
5) Responding to an expected increase in demand for our core services as well as broader leadership programmes, diversity and inclusion drives and ever more new ways that coaching can help businesses to optimise.
We look forward to working with all our stakeholders during 2021 and wish you all a safe and increasingly bright 2021.