Ian’s coaching style is stimulating, encouraging, thoughtful and established on his unique experience in the often disconnected worlds of management consulting, medicine and academia. Warm-hearted and generous, with a keen sense of humour, he is quick to establish rapport and his highly developed listening and intuitive skills enable him to get to the heart of issues swiftly and effectively.
Coaching has been an integral part of Ian’s long and varied career. He is an enthusiastic and committed life-long learner with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, insight and understanding. His greatest fulfilment has been from helping others achieve their true potential.
Ian has an unusual breadth and depth of experience across industry sectors at senior level from start-ups to multinational companies. As a young Chief Executive of a management consulting firm, he attracted and nurtured talent helping them deliver exceptional results by challenging accepted practices. Later, as the founder and Managing Partner of a new and innovative management consultancy, he extended this approach and built multidisciplinary teams to weave customer focus throughout organisations by fusing the consumer and brand understanding of the advertising world with the rigorous business thinking of management consulting.
At the age of 40, Ian trained and subsequently practiced as a medical doctor. He has amassed deep insights into the human condition. Trust, empathy, confidentiality and integrity are embedded in his approach.
Education, Qualifications, Professional Memberships
• ECCP Certified Coach
• Member of the International Coach Federation (ICF)
• First Class Honours Degree in Engineering, Downing College, Cambridge University
• PhD Acoustics, Downing College, Cambridge University
• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Nottingham
• Former Fellow, Director of Studies, and University Lecturer Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University
• Founder Member of the Guild of Management Consultants
• Keen student of Mandarin Chinese